Come along with me...

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Small Change or Enjoy This Now

As an English teacher, I usually shun cliches. But I think this one is appropriate. Small change. My New Years resolutions revolve around being happier. I'm learning that the keys are small changes I need to make in my every day life.

1. Enjoy.
Enjoy things that aren't usually not enjoyable--like laundry, cleaning the apartment, food shopping.
The challenge is injecting these mundane tasks with enjoyment. Maybe thinking about the outcome. Listening to music. Smiling. Finding humor in everything.

2. This.
I'm abandoning my pen and paper journal for a little while. I feel like I'm loosing part of my roots. But change is good. I need to embrace change.

3. Now.
I've spent a lot of time obsessing over the past and the future. I think it's time to embrace the now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers